Naturally, I want to work on a WebGL based game. This automatically makes it web based with all the attendant benefits and disadvantages.
My first choice is PlayCanvas (free version), which is like a (simplified) on-line Unity. The only alternative that I know of, GooCreate, sadly declared bankruptcy a few months ago.
- on-line editor (drag ‘n’ drop)
- six years old (so relatively mature and stable)
- support is through forums for free accounts
- FBX support
- no download for off line storage
- no version control
- limited animation control